Apr 12, 2010

X Japan - Kurenai (Crimson)

Last time, I uploaded a ballad by X Japan. This time, I thought I'd upload something a bit more up-beat. I really like listening to rock ballads, but sometimes powerful speed metal really attracts me. The speed, energy, passion, thrill, and indescribable chemistry of guitar, bass, drums, and vocals coming together (keyboards too) to create such a powerful sound simply blows me away. Loud and crazy, but beautiful and with its own charm. Unfortunately, many people around me do not share my passion for rock so I am spilling it out here. We are X!!!

This is X Japan's "Kurenai" (Crimson), from their album, Blue Blood. An earlier version of "Kurenai" is also available in their 1988 debut album, Vanishing Vision.




This is the live performance of X Japan's Kurenai during their December 1, 1997 "The Last Live" concert. The concert was called "The Last Live" because it was going to be their last concert before their breakup. Although X Japan grouped up again, this concert really was a "last live" with their guitarist hide. Hideto Matsumoto, or "hide" as he was called, passed away an year later in May of 1998. Leaving that aside, isn't the energy of the concert just amazing? If I wasn't two years old in 1997 and in Hong Kong, I would have wanted to go to this concert.

If I were to talk about the history and legacy of X Japan, it would be endless so I'll leave it for another time. Enjoy!




Kurenai - Music Video



Lyrics
I could not look back, you'd gone away from me I felt my heart ache I was afraid of following you When I had looked at the shadows on the wall I started running into the night to find the truth in me 嵐吹くこの街がお前を抱く 吹き拔ける風にさえ目を閉じる お前は走りだす何かに追われるよう 俺が見えないのかすぐそばにいるのに

人波に消えて行く記億の吐息 愛のない一人舞台もう耐えきれない All of you in my memory is still shining in my heart
すれ違う心は溢れる淚に濡れ
紅に染まったこの俺を 慰める奴はもういない もう二度と屆かないこの思い 閉ざされた愛に向かい 叫びつづける Crying in deep red

Lyrics (Romanized)

I could not look back,
you'd gone away from me
I felt my heart ache
I was afraid of following you
When I had looked at
the shadows on the wall
I started running into the night
to find the truth in me

arashi fuku kono machi ga omae wo daku
fukinukeru kaze ni sae me wo tojiru

omae wa hashiridasu nanika ni owareru you
ore ga mienai no ka sugu soba ni iru no ni

hitonami ni kiete yuku kioku no toiki
ai no nai hitori butai mou taekirenai
All of you in my memory is
still shining in my heart
sure chigau kokoro wa afureru namida nure

kurenai ni somatta kono ore wo
nagusameru yatsu wa mou inai

mou nido to todokanai kono omoi
tozasareta ai ni mukai
sakebi tsuzukeru

omae wa hashiridasu nanika ni owareru you
ore ga mienai no ka sugu soba ni iru no ni

kurenai ni somatta kono ore wo
nagusameru yatsu wa mou inai

mou nido to todokanai kono omoi
tozasareta ai ni mukai
sakebi tsuzukeru

kurenai ni somatta kono ore wo
nagusameru yatsu wa mou inai

Crying in deep red

from lyricsdepot.com

Translation

I couldn't look back, you'd gone away from me. I felt my heartaches, I was afraid of following you. When I had looked at, the shadows on the wall ... I started running into the night, to find the truth in me.

A storm is blowing through the streets as I hold you in my arms. A violent wind begins to blow, blinding me. You're running from something that has been stalking you. But can't you see that I'm alone? You're a common, disappearing memory. Unloved, alone on the stage I can't hold back.

As of you in my memory is still shining in my heart. Passing by me, soaking me with flowing tears. I'm lying here in deep red to comfort my pain. I will never again give out these memories that keep love away from me. As I continue to shout, you're running from something that has been stalking you, but can't you see that I'm alone?

I'm lying here in deep red to comfort my pain. I will never again give out these memories that ... keep love away from me. As I continue to shout ... I'm lying here in deep red to comfort my pain.

Oh cry in deep red...

from songmeanings.net

No comments:

Post a Comment